Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Noemina

Noemina
     When I was in high school I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to Bolivia and work with an orphanage that my church supported. Recently I've been wanting to go back and visit but haven't had time. While my dad and I were there, we couldn't speak much Spanish and none of the kids could speak much English either. Regardless there was a girl who was 8 years old at the time with whom we developed an incredibly deep and spiritual bond. We could hardly speak to each other and we had almost nothing in common culturally, but she was family, especially for my dad.
     It still surprises me when I think about how attached we grew over such a short period (we get Christmas cards in the mail from her, etc). One trip for a very brief period and yet there has gotten to be an eternal bond between her and my family.
     Her name is Noemina, and she's precious in every sense of the word. Love bridged language, culture and age all at once. It's pretty amazing to think about. I'm attaching some pictures that I took while I was there. It was several years ago but they are still fun to look at. Hope you enjoy them.



     Here's to love, the universal bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment